Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Prayer about TITHING

When I set aside my gifts for God.
DEAR GOD,
Each year as I determine how I can give to your financially, I consider what I receive from giving.  I know that supporting the church and the work of godly people around the world can provide great joy.  Also, I want to give to you because you truly are my number one priority, and I am so grateful for the blessings you have given me.  I know that maintaining a habit of regular tithing will help remind me that you are the source of all my blessings.  God, as I commit my tithes to you, I ask that you use my gifts to support your work in my community and around the world to meet the needs of hurting people.  By my gifts, may I show my commitment to you and honor you for your faithful provision in my life.

"Give, and you will receive.
Your gift will return to you in full --
pressed down, shaken together to make room for more,
running over, and poured into your lap.
The amount you give
will determine
the amount
you get
back."
Luke 6:38

No comments:

Post a Comment