Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

A Prayer for VISION

When I need a clearer vision of what God want me to be.


DEAR GOD,
     I want to have purpose.  I want to see my way clearly in life; I want to be motivated to do something that counts.  O Lord, I need vision - a picture of where you want me to be at some point in the future.  How do I more clearly see what you created me to accomplish?  It's only when I empty myself of my own dreams that you can fill me with your vision of my future.  Please help me.  May I empty myself by keeping your Word before me each day, by having a clear conscience so I can more clearly hear the prompting of your Spirit, by listening to the godly wisdom of other believers, and by praying - communing directly with you.  Oh, grant me the ability to believe that you have a purpose for me to achieve and a definite place where you want my life to go.  Is there any vision more meaningful that that?

"Open my eyes to see."
Psalm 119:18

No comments:

Post a Comment