Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 10 - Rubbish...What Does That Mean?

SCRIPTURE: Philippians 3:7-8 – But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ… .

COMMENTARY: If religion was a sport, Paul would have gone first in the draft. He had all the right moves, knew all the right words and was excelling above and beyond any one else the class of 33 had to offer. Yet, he considered it all rubbish, waste or what’s left over after all the nutrients have been removed in comparison to what he had found in the greatness of knowing Christ.

REFLECTION: What are your credentials of power, prestige and popularity? How do most people use these things to get where they want to go? What way can they be a hindrance to a committed Christian? How would your life be different if you genuinely believed the things the world values are rubbish and knowing Christ is the most valuable thing in the world? Focus on Galatians 2:20 today, even writing it out several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment