Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 6 - God's Work

SCRIPTURE: Philippians 2:12-13 – Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed – not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence – continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

COMMENTARY: When we believe someone else’s salvation depends on our own set of holiness standards or godliness rules we are deceiving ourselves. We may also be preparing us and them for a fall out. The good news for you and me is that God is at work in us. The Spirit himself is doing the convicting, encouraging, strengthening and comforting. Our task is then to notice the Spirit’s work, be sensitive to his voice and follow his leading.

My prayer: I know I will not understand it all, but you can count me in, Lord. I am prepared to go where you lead even though I don’t feel prepared. Let me have a zeal for you. Yes, Lord, I wait for you; Your name and renown are the desires of my heart. Let me have the passion and the single-mindedness you had when you followed the Father’s will and sacrificed yourself for me.

REFLECTION: Did you or do you have some zealous rules you impose on yourself or others? Is it easier to follow rules or follow Christ? Is the Spirit at work in your life? Have there been times in the past week when you sensed God’s Spirit speaking to you or nudging you and you failed to respond?

No comments:

Post a Comment